What's The Last TV Show You Watched?

Discussion of other programmes including vintage and rare TV and films
iank

Hannibal season 1 final. Great show. Can't imagine where they're going to go next season after that though! :shock:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

The News at 6

Before that, an old episode of "Midsomer Murders" :shock: :D
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

I watched a documentary about people living with and being treated for obsessive compulsive disorder called 'OCD Ward'.

And previous to that 'Bigfoot Files' another documentary searching for proof of the existence of the 'Yeti'.
Kajaboy

Someone is uploading to Youtube all the old Coronation Street episode that were repeated by Granada Plus in the 1990's. GP decided to start screening episodes from April 1976 at the point when Elsie Tanner returned after an absence of 3 years. I am currently up to July 1976.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Just seen the last episode of 'BigFoot Files'. This time round the documentary concerned the search of Russia for proof that their bigfoot exists. You can guess the outcome.

Not a patch on Arthur C.Clarke's 'Mysterious World' series.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

QI, with Stephen Fry dressed as a king. On and off hilarious.

If they'd player "Royals" by Lorde it would have been even better.
The Krynoid Man

I'm Alan Partridge (I don't actually mean that I'm Alan Partridge, that's the name of the program).
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
Deleted User 5445

I was enjoying watching repeats of my favourite comedy 'Keeping up Appearances'.
chap with wings

Breaking Bad
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
The Krynoid Man

chap with wings wrote:Breaking Bad
I still haven't watched that yet, or Game of Thrones, or Homeland, or Mad Men, or The Walking Dead, or any other supposedly great TV series of the last few years. No I haven't been living under a rock, nor have I gone out of my way to deliberately not watch these. I just haven't got around to it yet.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
The Krynoid Man

iank wrote:Hannibal season 1 final. Great show. Can't imagine where they're going to go next season after that though! :shock:
I think next season will be where everyone finds out Hannibal's a cannibal and season three will basically be Red Dragon/Manhunter. It won't be as good as Manhunter though, that film is a masterpiece (a very dated masterpiece, but a masterpiece non the less).
iank

Well, they've got to really I suppose, haven't they? Otherwise Will is well and truly f****d! :lol:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

Deleted User 5445

I watched one of the Joan Hickson Miss Maple's on BBC4 a few weeks back reminding me of what an excellent series it was. I wish the BBC would repeat them all again.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fewsham wrote:I watched one of the Joan Hickson Miss Maple's on BBC4 a few weeks back reminding me of what an excellent series it was. I wish the BBC would repeat them all again.
Wasn't Peter Davison in one of those Joan Hickson Miss Marple episodes? :?
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

"The Fall" parts 1 and 2, so far it's rather good.
iank

The Ginger Cat wrote:
Fewsham wrote:I watched one of the Joan Hickson Miss Maple's on BBC4 a few weeks back reminding me of what an excellent series it was. I wish the BBC would repeat them all again.
A Pocketful of Rye. :D

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

iank wrote:
The Ginger Cat wrote:
A Pocketful of Rye. :D
That's it. I can remember the story had a rather eerie/chilling atmosphere,the maid's dead body strung up on the washing line by clothes pegs,the nursery rhyme 'Sing a Song of Sixpence' featured in it and obviously Davison. :)
iank

Yeah, it's one of the best, My second favourite of the Hicksons, after A Murder Is Announced. :D

tullamore1

Yesterday (monday)
Are you Being Served?
'Allo 'Allo
2 and a half men
The Millers
Come dine with me
Dallas
Carry on dick
4 in a bed
The Avengers (split)
Doctor who (mysterious planet)
Deleted User 5445

iank wrote:Yeah, it's one of the best, My second favourite of the Hicksons, after A Murder Is Announced. :D
The entire run of Joan Hickson Miss Maple adaptations were exceptionally good. A Murder Is Announced is a firm favourite of mine also Ursula Howells is very good in it. A Pocketful of Rye is another favourite of mine.

Return to “OTHER TV SHOWS & FILMS”

• Information