5%
16%

Total votes: 251
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Rate "The Time of the Doctor".

Yuletide treat or festive turkey?

Please don't vote until the episode has aired. Thanks!
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
OptikaNET

Hmmm... "Day of the Doctor" really hit the spot for me, but that one promised to answer lots of questions but failed to answer all of them, the ending was disappointing and thr regeneration itself strangely abrupt. I might appreciate it more on second viewing but on first I give it 7/10.

Kind Regards
Dave
King Womble

Utter rubbish... hated it all! Double yuk... :(
Shake some action...
tony ingram

Could have done with another ten minutes as there was a lot to cover uin a short time, but I thought it worked well. Not as good as Day of the Doctor, but I wasn't disappointed and I loved the ending.
nosfer2

Really disappointing. I kept finding myself checking the time to see how much longer it was going to go on for. The only thing I liked about it was the ending!
Kajaboy

I had to rush out for 20 minutes as my brother was online at my Mum and Dads. It's not far only next door but Mum had Corrie on so I missed some of the second half and I will have to watch the full thing again later. I got back in time for the last 10 minutes. I enjoyed what I saw though.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
greystone_06

Another great dollop of Moffat mess! The only good thing about it was the end of Matt Smith. That was one of the worst episodes in the history of the show, and given Moffat's track record that's saying something. Had high hopes for Peter Capaldi, he certainly looks the part, but he's got an uphill struggle on his hands with Moffat ( and his pathetic play-ground humour) staying in charge. What a shame.
#William Hartnell will always be the 1st Doctor. The Doctor is male.
King Womble

greystone_06 wrote:Another great dollop of Moffat mess! The only good thing about it was the end of Matt Smith. That was one of the worst episodes in the history of the show, and given Moffat's track record that's saying something. Had high hopes for Peter Capaldi, he certainly looks the part, but he's got an uphill struggle on his hands with Moffat ( and his pathetic play-ground humour) staying in charge. What a shame.
I agree... JNT couldn't have done worse and lord knows he tried. I am no longer a fan of the current show... that was unwatchable twaddle.
Shake some action...
OptikaNET

What bothers me most is that I don't feel that we arrived at the Trenzalore of "Name of the Doctor" by the end of this, and no explanation for the dead TARDIS, no explanation for the Silence having TARDISES in "Impossible Astronaut" (and "The Lodger", no real explanation for the explosion of the TARDIS and wasn't the Doctor supposed to be "unable to answer falsely or refuse to answer" at Trenzalore, yet the truth field didn't stop him from avoiding the question. This did not satisfy me as a conclusion to the Trenzalore/Silence arc... And is the crack closed now? Dissatisfied

Kind Regards
Dave
tony ingram

Sometimes I f*****g hate this place. I think I'd better drop out of this thread before I lose my temper again.
Be nice to actually find a Who forum where people actually like the programme and appreciate the quality.
King Womble

tony ingram wrote:Sometimes I f*****g hate this place. I think I'd better drop out of this thread before I lose my temper again.
Be nice to actually find a Who forum where people actually like the programme and appreciate the quality.
But to my mind there was no quality! This year gave me back Web of Fear [brilliant!] and today's guff. World's apart. One will get watched again and again... the other won't.
Shake some action...
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

tony ingram wrote:Sometimes I f*****g hate this place. I think I'd better drop out of this thread before I lose my temper again.
Grow up Ingram. Being a fan does not mean slavish adulation for everything the show has to offer.

I have been watching since Inferno. I am happy to have people take apart my views. We should respect fans right to an opinion that differs.

3/10 for me. Not great. Hated seeing Gillan back. Enjoyed Capaldi.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
OptikaNET

I didn't dislike it, and I'm not a Moffat-hater, I just don't feel it achieved what it set out to do.

Kind Regards
Dave
DSJR

We adore the show when it really IS good. Tonight wasn't so hot in my opinion. 4/10 from me and that was generous... :(
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

King Womble wrote:
greystone_06 wrote:Another great dollop of Moffat mess! The only good thing about it was the end of Matt Smith. That was one of the worst episodes in the history of the show, and given Moffat's track record that's saying something. Had high hopes for Peter Capaldi, he certainly looks the part, but he's got an uphill struggle on his hands with Moffat ( and his pathetic play-ground humour) staying in charge. What a shame.
I agree... JNT couldn't have done worse and lord knows he tried. I am no longer a fan of the current show... that was unwatchable twaddle.
Hated all the guff with Clara. Just do nOt like the character and calling her a character is being kind.

The episode was a mess. A beautifully made mess. 3/10.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Heccypoo

For what it's worth I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it.

The usual Murray Gold overload spoiled the beginning a bit ( the comedy telegraphing the joke music ref: Gorkle 24.12.2013) aside, I liked it better than the Day of the Doctor.

And it was quiet touching the cameo by Karen Gillian.

It was better than the David Tennent finale..

In my humble opinion at least.

Good will to all.... :Tardis:
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
chap with wings

Well, Smith was good (at last) as the aged Doctor, but that's about it. A complete mess of continuity and pointlessness. 3/10.
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
King Womble

Sadly it was all I feared. I'd seen parts of the script a few months ago and thought 'wow, that's rubbish!' but hoped that the pages in between might have been okay. They weren't.

The whole Mexican standoff was awful - it lacked drama, detail and any credibility; moreover, the Time Lord plot was thinner than a blue Rizla.

Dull characters doing dull stuff against a plot so weak it fell apart under the most cursory scrutiny. No wonder Christmas was always in the dark - a shaft of daylight would have shown it all up as what is was... crap.
Shake some action...
The Nimon

I liked it, but as a few others have said, I liked Day of the Doctor better. Thought it was a better send off than what David had. I need to watch it again alone this time though. Gave it 8 out of 10
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
chap with wings

What happened to the Doctor losing his leg?
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “SERIES 7”

• Information