Series 9 - 2015

For discussion of spoilers for the 9th series of Nu-Who
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

What do we know about series 9?

So far I've read Capaldi's confirmed, Coleman is uncertain, Moffat remains - perhaps till the end of series 10...

According to Michelle Gomez Missy is to return.

And now it would seem we have "Torchwood"s Catherine Tregenna set to pen an episode for series 9.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/torchwoods ... -69191.htm
The Nimon

George Agdgdgwngo wrote:Phil Morris wins >>

https://www.nerdist.com/2014/11/hooray- ... -season-9/
Nah, Moffat is still there :D
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
Braxiatel

The Nimon wrote:
George Agdgdgwngo wrote:Phil Morris wins >>

https://www.nerdist.com/2014/11/hooray- ... -season-9/
Nah, Moffat is still there :D
Damn it
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

I don't recall that episode of Torchwood being much good. Very revisionist, historically speaking, if I remember correctly, the CJH being left to probably commit suicide the following day, if you think it through. (I liked the idea of the messages to the present, which has now been done a number of times, but otherwise...)

The thing is, I don't give a monkeys what gender a writer is, as long as they can write. (Though obviously I don't want to see anyone excluded on grounds of gender...because then you miss out.)

PS Can we get Ursula le Guin to do an episode, now that it's too late to get Andre Norton and Tove Jansson?
“You know the big problem in telling fantasy and reality apart? They’re both ridiculous.” -- the Doctor, “Last Christmas”

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
KINGSTON FRIZZ

Just read that Romana will be in series 9 apparently along with K9 and Gallifrey.
George Agdgdgwngo

KINGSTON FRIZZ wrote:Just read that Romana will be in series 9 apparently along with K9 and Gallifrey.
Oh dear...no doubt Romana will be a man with two penis's, K9 is now a cat and Gallifrey will be the Death Star.

If Moffat can, he will....ruin it. Just to stamp his self importance all over it.
KINGSTON FRIZZ

Change the record.... :roll:
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Osgood may be back. The rumour going round is that Missy killed her Zygon replica.

Someone (can't remember who) told me Jenna Coleman is doing some episodes for series 9 before going back to Emmerdale. Anyone heard anything about that?
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Allons-y

Mike Nuttall wrote:Osgood may be back. The rumour going round is that Missy killed her Zygon replica.?
What a shame, one of the best things about that episode was that they killed off that pain, don't bring her back.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
Rubberlad

Mike Nuttall wrote:Osgood may be back. The rumour going round is that Missy killed her Zygon replica.

Someone (can't remember who) told me Jenna Coleman is doing some episodes for series 9 before going back to Emmerdale. Anyone heard anything about that?
I've heard conflicting reports. One said Jenna wasn't coming back for S9. Another says she was (but has since been debunked as the production team planting false stories to counter the Mirror's leak that she was leaving).

Anytime I hear that one of the actors had a well-publicized dinner with Steven Moffat, I figure its the "exit-stage right" dinner, lol.
"I'm not one to use hyperbole, ladies and gentlemen but I'll tell you this: for the first time in my life I had the caca scared out of me!"

-- Jessica Marbles, Murder by Death
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike Nuttall wrote:Osgood may be back. The rumour going round is that Missy killed her Zygon replica.?
Well if Moffat is to be believed, the real Osgood is dead.
Answering a fan’s suggestion that the real Osgood is in fact still alive, Moffat told Doctor Who Magazine: “Nah. If it had been a Zygon, she wouldn’t have been killed so easily.”

He added: “Dead, I’m afraid.”
http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines ... goods-fate
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well, apparently Steven Moffat revealed "The Magician's Apprentice" as the title of the first episode of series 9.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/12/th ... ntice.html
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The Ginger Cat wrote:Well, apparently Steven Moffat revealed "The Magician's Apprentice" as the title of the first episode of series 9.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/12/th ... ntice.html
Going further and further down the fairy tale route.....
Mr F

Hmm, Im think more along the Fantasia, Sorcerers apprentice type thing.

Which could mean Jenna is gone at Xmas, based on rumour, media turnaround and denials, the DWM Jenna reflects on her time article.
and also that this time the companion is male.....
You have my full attention now.
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I suppose I'm using fairytale to mean anything to do with magic and out and out fantasy, which Moff really seems to feel is Doctor Who's thing. We know that Who has always trod the line between sf and fantasy, but I prefer my DW to be science fiction based with only the occasional slip to the 'other side'. Moff seems to have his tastes firmly in the fairy tale and magic camp at times. Accusations of the Sonic being a magic wand won't matter to him, he'd be only too pleased to agree!
Mr F

Reading the Twittersphere, most Journos, such as Lorna Cooper, simply said that they loved it. It tread a fine line and nailed it.
I generally agree with her PoV so thats good news. For me.

For others, hey , `be disapponted in the way Moffat intended ....On the day.LOL
You have my full attention now.
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sounds encouraging. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised. I always keep an open mind until I watch it. And I always wait for the real thing. Leaks don't interest me. Dinner's scheduled for 6pm this year too, so it'll be catch-up or recording for the very first time at Christmas...
DrOsvaldo

Once you've seen the Xmas special this evening, it's pretty much 100% definitive on whether or not she is returning for series 9 :-)
Rubberlad

Mr F wrote:Hmm, Im think more along the Fantasia, Sorcerers apprentice type thing.

Which could mean Jenna is gone at Xmas, based on rumour, media turnaround and denials, the DWM Jenna reflects on her time article.
and also that this time the companion is male.....
Now that would be amazing.
"I'm not one to use hyperbole, ladies and gentlemen but I'll tell you this: for the first time in my life I had the caca scared out of me!"

-- Jessica Marbles, Murder by Death

Return to “SERIES 9 SPOILERS”

• Information