Moffat reveals how he will destroy DOCTOR WHO

For discussion of series 10 of Doctor Who starring Peter Capaldi
bobmcpherson

It is done. Just let it die.

(Steven Moffat, the executive producer of hit BBC programme Dr. Who, has said that he intends to “lie” to his audiences and revise history to include more black people in the show’s episodes.
Speaking to BBC journalists about positive discrimination Mr. Moffat, who is due to step down at the end of next year’s series, said: “Sometimes the nature of a particular show – historical dramas, for instance – makes diversity more of a challenge, but Doctor Who has absolutely nowhere to hide on this”.

“Young people watching have to know that they have a place in the future. That really matters. You have to care profoundly what children’s shows in particular say about where you’re going to be.”

He said that adding fake diversity would send a positive message that would resonate with the whole entertainment industry.

“Outside of the fiction, it’s about anyone feeling that they can be involved in this industry as an actor, a director, a writer… It’s hugely important, and it’s not good when we fail on that. We must do better,” he said.

“We’ve kind of got to tell a lie. We’ll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn’t have been, and we won’t dwell on that.

“We’ll say, ‘To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we’ll summon it forth’.”

The extraordinary statement came after Mr. Moffat revealed that the current Dr. Who iteration, played by ‘Thick of It’ actor Peter Capaldi, was originally offered to a black actor.

He said “for various reasons, it didn’t work out” but that it would be “amazing” for both Dr. Who and his sidekick to both be “non white”.

“Two non-white leads would be amazing. In fact, a lot of people would barely notice,” he said.

“I certainly don’t think there’s ever been a problem with making the Doctor black, which is why it should happen one day.”

There appears to be little opposition, at least none seen by Breitbart London, for the Doctor being black, given that the character’s body is known to change over time.

But placing black people at various points to “lie” to the public about history will no doubt cause some frustration.

The BBC refuses to comment.)

[from http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06 ... ont-dwell/ - link added by LizR]
iank

That's... crazy.

I honestly think Moffat completely lost his marbles several years ago.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
Flying Tiger Comics

look up the legal definition of genocide. I'll wait.

Notice that it explicitly includes the destruction of race, culture, society, traditions, place, etc.

But it isn't genocide when it's WHITE genocide, right?

I will actually be taking this further at the UN. I was on a desk there a few years ago, I know how to do it. I've had enough.
Doctor Who extend-a-story: write your own adventures! http://thezombienomicon.com/eas/read.php?episode=63
bobmcpherson

Again you want Blacks in DOCTOR WHO then have the Doctor land in ancient Timbuktu. The city is under siege by what they think are killer apes but it is really the Yeti under the control of the Great Intelligence.

Then the Doctor lands in Ethiopia during the First Italian invasion. The Italians have advanced technology given to them by the Meddling Monk.

Then the Doctor lands on the planet NEW ZAIRE far in the future. The Ice Warriors are invading.

WHY IS THIS SUCH A PROBLEM??
bobmcpherson

iank wrote:That's... crazy.

I honestly think Moffat completely lost his marbles several years ago.
I think he has decided to leave the program an absolute shambles so that NO ONE CAN SAVE IT yet will still get the blame for destroying it because Moffat will be somewhere else.

"positive discrimination." That is what the Democrats used to call Jim Crow. It was for everyone's own good.
greystone_06

All Moffat has to do to destroy DW is carry on what he's been doing for his whole tenure. His entire run is substandard and completely disposable.
#William Hartnell will always be the 1st Doctor. The Doctor is male.
bobmcpherson

If the Doctor turns black, I can guarantee we will get the following things.

1) The Doctor finally lands in Africa...in a British colony in the 1800s so we can "comment" in how evil British are. We will have a scene where the Doctor experiences African Black culture. Vote for Labour.

2) The Doctor will land in pre-Civil War America and experiences the horrors of slavery. We will have a scene where the Doctor experiences Black American culture. Vote for the Democrats.

3) The Doctor will land in Arabia and learns how Islam does not believe in "racism." He experiences the peace of Islam at Mecca. Vote to allow more Muslims to enter Britain.

4) The Doctor does a rap number with his Black companion. He throws away his electric guitar when he realizes that it is white.

5) The Doctor makes a speech about how wonderful it is to be Black.

Occasionally there will be stories involving space aliens...the evil ones will be White.

Meanwhile in Fandom, EVERY story with DOCTOR BLACK will be the GREATEST STORIES EVER!! PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!! Anyone who disagrees will be branded a racist and banned from fan sites.
Flying Tiger Comics

bobmcpherson wrote: Occasionally there will be stories involving space aliens...the evil ones will be White.
That's already the case, quite offensively so.
Doctor Who extend-a-story: write your own adventures! http://thezombienomicon.com/eas/read.php?episode=63
bobmcpherson

Flying Tiger Comics wrote:
bobmcpherson wrote: Occasionally there will be stories involving space aliens...the evil ones will be White.
That's already the case, quite offensively so.
And coded as being Jewish but now Nimon will get angry at me.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Flying Tiger Comics wrote:look up the legal definition of genocide. I'll wait.

Notice that it explicitly includes the destruction of race, culture, society, traditions, place, etc.

But it isn't genocide when it's WHITE genocide, right?

I will actually be taking this further at the UN. I was on a desk there a few years ago, I know how to do it. I've had enough.
There's a famous sociology text called - I think - SOCIOLOGY (probably with a subtitle - you know the sort of thing - "themes and perspectives" or whatever) by Haralambos (I think) that I bought when researching human and social behaviour for my long overdue SF novel...

Anyway I got as far as the definition of "racism" before I threw it away. Apparently racism is what the "white majority" does to the "coloured minority". (Not what anyone does to anyone else.)
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

bobmcpherson wrote:It is done. Just let it die.

(Steven Moffat, the executive producer of hit BBC programme Dr. Who, has said that he intends to “lie” to his audiences and revise history to include more black people in the show’s episodes...

[snip]

...The BBC refuses to comment.)
Where is that section in brackets quoted from?
bobmcpherson

Yup.

(Oscar winning actress Dame Helen Mirren told CNSNews.com on Tuesday that the actions of ISIS in Iraq and Syria show that “when people want to eradicate the history of a people, they go for their art,” which “makes us understand how important art is, you know, in human endeavor and human existence.”

Dame Mirren testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday in favor of the Holocaust Expropriated Art Recovery Act, which would aid the rightful owners in their recovery of artwork stolen from their families by the Nazis.

She was addressing a comparison made by Senator Christopher Coons (D-Del.) of the looting by the Nazis to ISIS which, he said, “is doing very similar things, it’s looting and destroying cultural artifacts of an entire region.”)

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/lau ... -eradicate
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Bob. It would help if you could put links to where you get your information from.

...but since you can't be bothered, I've done it for you. I guess "courtesy" isn't in your vocabulary.
bobmcpherson

Hey lets make Shakespeare Black!!

(Students at Yale University are demanding radical changes that would remove white male authors from the English department’s curriculum.
According to a petition submitted to faculty, Yale students are demanding that a course on “Major English Poets” be removed from the curriculum because it lacks diversity.

“It is unacceptable that a Yale student considering studying English literature might read only white male authors. A year spent around a seminar table where the literary contributions of women, people of color, and queer folk are absent actively harms all students, regardless of their identity,” the students write in the petition.

The “Major English Poets” requirement for Yale English majors focuses on the work of poets Geoffrey Chaucer, Edmund Spenser, William Shakespeare, John Milton, William Wordsworth, and T.S. Eliot. Despite this lineup lacking the diversity that the students desire, it’s an accurate reflection of the figures who have most influenced English poetry.

According to the students, the “Major English Poets” course “creates a culture that is especially hostile to students of color.”)

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/0 ... urriculum/
iank

They all need taking out back for a good hiding. Simple as that.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
The Nimon

Is this just a thread taking quotes from the story in the Black Doctor thread? If so, do we really need 2 threads about it?
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Nimon wrote:Is this just a thread taking quotes from the story in the Black Doctor thread? If so, do we really need 2 threads about it?
Well, yeah it is really, two articles about the same story: One from The Black Doctor Thread and the other from here. Spot the difference. :lol:
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Since Bob refused to post links I inserted the link to that article in case anyone was interested. Obviously I had to pick one out of those available, hence they happen to not be identical. But since Bob is above posting links, for all I know he may have used exactly the same source. :roll:
bobmcpherson

The Ginger Cat wrote:
The Nimon wrote:Is this just a thread taking quotes from the story in the Black Doctor thread? If so, do we really need 2 threads about it?
Well, yeah it is really, two articles about the same story: One from The Black Doctor Thread and the other from here. Spot the difference. :lol:
One article is about casting a Black actor as the Doctor.

The other is about Moffatt saying he is going to start rewriting history by inserting Blacks in inappropriate places. Two different things/subjects.

As Nimon himself answered his own question. One is THE BLACK DOCTOR thread. While the other is the REWRITING HISTORY/DESTROYING DOCTOR WHO thread.

Hence two different threads.

Other than than the usual reasons, I do not see the problem.
bobmcpherson

LizR wrote:Since Bob refused to post links I inserted the link to that article in case anyone was interested. Obviously I had to pick one out of those available, hence they happen to not be identical. But since Bob is above posting links, for all I know he may have used exactly the same source. :roll:
1) You have me on ignore so therefore I do not read your posts and generally ignore you as a rule.

2) I am distressed to learn that Google is not available in New Zealand.

3) Do your own research. Or is that a white privilege thing that is too much to expect from snowflakes??

:mrgreen:

Return to “SERIES 10”

• Information