Things You Would NEVER Find Yourself Saying About NEW-WHO

For discussion of the new series from 2005 to the present day hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
Heccypoo

Cygnus Prime wrote:Image

"With just a tuxedo and five words Jodie proves that - as well as being the best Doctor ever - she has what it takes to turn another franchise on it's head!

"Sean who?"
Bollox!
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

"RTD and Moffat show how to write proper novelisations which put all previous efforts to shame.

"Why oh why did the short-sighted Dicks and Hulke never think to tell future showrunners what Doctors to cast in the middle of THE GIANT ROBOT or THE AUTON INVASION?
Rose saw a photo of a man with a fantastic jaw, dressed in a tweed jacket and bow tie. Then Clive kept the sequence going; an older, angry man in a brown caretaker’s coat, holding a mop; a blonde woman in braces running away from a giant frog in front of Buckingham Palace; a tall, bald black woman wielding a flaming sword; a young girl or boy in a hi-tech wheelchair with what looked like a robot dog at their side…

"Proof, if any more be needed, that these two brilliant men are the best thing to happen to the Doctor Who franchise, like, well ever!" :)
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

"It became clear that the anxious 16 year wait for regular DOCTOR WHO had been worth it as soon as the wheelie bin belched.

"The show was safe at last!"
Heccypoo

Heccypoo wrote:

"With just a tuxedo and five words Jodie proves that - as well as being the best Doctor ever - she has what it takes to turn another franchise on it's head!

"Sean who?"
Bollox!
Sorry Cygnus, I forgot what thread I was in... :oops:
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Heccypoo wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:

"Sean who?"
Bollox!
Sorry Cygnus, I forgot what thread I was in... :oops:

:lol:

That's okay Heccypoo. Perfectly understandable. I've actually come close to punching myself in the face several times after writing some of the sickening praise on here. It goes against every fibre of my being. :lol:
cloudy day

"What we need is another grandiose five minute speech from the Doctor!"

"I miss that 'Doctor Who?' bit they didn't do to death with Matt Smith."

"I'd love to see Thirteen and Yaz get together, and then encounter Ten and Rose in another dimension reminiscing about the good old days and how they wished they'd been less circumspect in their relationship!"

"We need more arcs that go nowhere."
We hope that our early successes make up for the embarrassing mess we’ve become. Like Facebook. Or America.
Eleanor Shellstrop
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

"Why can't we have 42 episodes a year again?" :(
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

"Only a few hours to go before Jodie silences her critics forever in a season set to be a stone-cold classic."
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

"An astonishingly well-drawn character and race.

The petition for a spin-off show starts here!"

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The most original threat Whittaker's Doctor has ever faced, making the brilliant Tesla episode.....

Wait, sorry! Wrong photo! :?

iank

"I can't wait till next weeks!"
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

"[this story] dates from the period in which science fiction fans did not take themselves quite so seriously as nowadays, and those who made religion from an enthusiasm were generally mocked for it." -- Michael Moorcock, from the introduction to "Elric at the End of Time" (1983). Lucky that comment could never be applied to modern SF fans... :roll:

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Was there some kind of subtle message in that episode? :?
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Once you have heard Akinola's theme for each regular character, you never forget it. :)
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

William Hartnell was a terrible 15th Doctor.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

I think next time there should be an hour long exposition scene with slides.
"[this story] dates from the period in which science fiction fans did not take themselves quite so seriously as nowadays, and those who made religion from an enthusiasm were generally mocked for it." -- Michael Moorcock, from the introduction to "Elric at the End of Time" (1983). Lucky that comment could never be applied to modern SF fans... :roll:

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thank God the average viewer now knows where the Morbius Doctors fit in. :)
darnall42

Let this crap end so i can watch the Antiques Roadshow (Oh wait i did say that last sunday evcening whilst watching the chibnall sh*t-fest ;) )
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

"What do you mean, 'the series 11 and 12 blu-rays are out of stock'?!?" :evil:
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Oh no, it's the weekend and there isn't a new episode of Dr Who.

Return to “NEW SERIES DISCUSSION”

• Information