Doctor who Magazine issue 550 celebrates Doctor Who’s mid-70s classics. Highlights include:
- Showrunner Chris Chibnall and former producer Philip Hinchcliffe – together at the Doctor Who studio!
- Director Michael E Briant describes the making of his 1977 classic The Robots of Death.
- Sadie Miller remembers her mother, Sarah Jane Smith actress Elisabeth Sladen.
- The Doctor Who Magazine review of Series 12 – every episode from Spyfall to The Timeless Children!
- A diary and scrapbook of 1976-77 – the extraordinary months that spanned the broadcast of Season 14.
- A new presentation of Dr Who and the Hell Planet, a 1976 short story by Terrance Dicks.
- A review of the new, animated version of The Faceless Ones.
- How Robert Holmes reimagined the Time Lords for his 1976 story The Deadly Assassin.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 2006 story Tooth and Claw.
- A look at Exploration Earth: The Time Machine, a 1976 schools programme starring Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen.
- Updates on Doctor Who luminaries, past and present, with Time and Space Visualiser.
- Public Image analyses the ratings for the final episodes of Series 12.
Part Two of The Piggybackers, a new comic-strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
- Big Finish previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, The Blogs of Doom and much more!
- 1977-style poster magazine
- TARDIS control-room diorama
- Talons of Weng-Chiang music-hall poster
- Six collectors’ cards
- Four-part Big Finish download
Doctor Who Magazine Issue 550 is on sale from Thursday 2 April 2020 £9.99 (UK)